Are you a South African student with dreams of pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. degree at a prestigious university? Look no further! The National Research Foundation (NRF) in South Africa, in collaboration with the DAAD, offers an incredible opportunity through the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship Programme. This fully-funded scholarship aims to support South African citizens or permanent residents in their academic journey at any South African university. Discover the details of this esteemed scholarship and take a leap towards a brighter future.
NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship Overview
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): NRF-DAAD, South Africa
- Host Institution(s): South African Universities
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Master and PhD
- Nationality: South African Students
- Application Deadline: July 11, 2023.
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is a joint initiative between the NRF and the DAAD, providing financial assistance to full-time Master’s and PhD students across various fields of study in South Africa. This prestigious scholarship opens doors for talented individuals to pursue higher education without the burden of financial constraints. South African students now have the chance to excel in their chosen academic disciplines.
Scholarship Sponsor and Host Institution
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is proudly sponsored by the NRF-DAAD, South Africa. The scholarship recipients have the privilege of studying at esteemed South African universities, renowned for their academic excellence and research opportunities. Immerse yourself in an intellectually stimulating environment and receive guidance from distinguished professors and scholars.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is fully funded, ensuring that recipients can focus on their studies without worrying about tuition fees or living expenses. This comprehensive financial support allows students to dedicate their time and energy to their academic pursuits, fostering a conducive learning experience.
Number of Awards and Study Levels
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship extends its reach to multiple deserving candidates. Several scholarships are awarded each year, providing ample opportunities for South African students to pursue their Master’s or PhD degrees. Whether you aspire to delve into the depths of research or expand your knowledge in a specific field, this scholarship caters to your educational ambitions.
Eligibility Criteria for NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship
To be considered for the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- South African Citizenship or Permanent Residency: The scholarship is exclusively available to South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Age Limit: Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for Master’s programs, and 32 years old or younger for PhD programs, at the time of application.
- Academic Excellence: A minimum academic requirement of 65% is mandatory for postgraduate funding, as stipulated by the NRF.
- Full-Time Enrollment: Successful applicants must enroll in a full-time program to fully benefit from the scholarship.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are eager to seize this incredible opportunity, follow the step-by-step application process outlined below:
- Application Portal: Access the NRF-DAAD Online Application Submission System to begin your application journey.
- Call for Applications: The scholarship is listed as “NRF Postgraduate Scholarships” on the NRF Connect system. Select the “First-time doctoral scholarship application template” and choose the ‘NRF-DAAD’ scholarship option.
- Application Documents: Review the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Call documents, available at nrf.ac.za/nrf-call-for-proposals-for-funding-in-2023-and-2024/, for comprehensive guidance on completing your application.
- Application Deadline: Ensure you submit your application by the July 11, 2023 deadline.
As a recipient of the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship, you gain access to further enriching experiences, including:
- Short-Term Research Stay in Germany: Scholarship holders have the opportunity to apply for a short-term research stay in Germany. Enhance your academic journey by exploring new research avenues and collaborating with international scholars. For more information, refer to the NRF-DAAD Short-term Stay Germany Leaflet.
- Interdisciplinary Summer Schools in Germany: Take part in one of the five interdisciplinary summer schools hosted in Germany during your funding period. These summer schools cover various fields of study and provide invaluable learning experiences. Discover new perspectives, expand your network, and broaden your academic horizons.
Summer School Options:
- University of Frankfurt – Environmental and Remote Sensing Data Analysis via Geospatial Technologies in Research and Teaching. (27th August – 18th September 2023)Details Here.
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) – Education and Research orientated Training in Health Sciences (1st August – 31st August 2023). Details Here
- Heidelberg University – Enhancing Academic Qualifications in Teaching and Research in Global Health. (8th August – 31st August 2023). Details Here
- University of Applied Sciences Cologne (TH Köln) – Climate Change Adaptation: Risk Assessment and Design of Interventions (CC-Adapt). (12th August – 3rd September 2023). Details Here
- University of Leipzig – Innovators, Doers, and Entrepreneurs [at] summer school (IDEAS) (3rd – 24th September; Virtual Conference: 26th – 30th June, 24th – 28th July, 18th – 20th October 2023). Details Here
NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students Portal
To learn more about the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship and explore additional information, visit the Official Website. Unleash your potential, unlock new opportunities, and embark on an enriching academic journey with the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship.
NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students Latest Update
This portal frequently posts the latest information regarding the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students. Stay informed by revisiting this page regularly for updates on the admission process.
Should any changes occur, we recommend bookmarking this page and checking for updates. We will promptly provide you with the most up-to-date information. If you have any inquiries about the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students in 2023, kindly leave a comment below, and we will respond to your query.