The Fulbright Finland Foundation and the University of Helsinki have joined forces to present the prestigious Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award. This remarkable award is designed for domestic, U.S., Finland, and international students who have gained admission to one of the University’s esteemed International Master’s Degree Programs. In this article, we will explore the details of this fully-funded scholarship opportunity, including eligibility criteria, benefits, application procedures, and more.
- Sponsorship: Fulbright-University of Helsinki
- Host Institution: University of Helsinki, Finland
- Scholarship Value: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
International Master’s Degree Programs at the University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki offers a wide array of International Master’s Degree Programs, all taught in English. Some of these programs are jointly provided by the University of Helsinki in conjunction with other Finnish or foreign universities. Students enrolled in these comprehensive two-year programs will experience a truly international learning environment, surrounded by peers from both Finland and around the world.
Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award
To be considered for the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award, international students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completion of a full Master’s Degree Program at the University of Helsinki.
The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award provides recipients with an array of benefits, including:
- Monthly grant of EUR 1,000 for a duration of nine months.
- Travel award of USD 1,600.
- Residence permit allowance, covering actual permit fees for the grantee and accompanying family members.
- Supplemental accident and sickness benefit (ASPE).
- Full tuition scholarship from the University of Helsinki, amounting to EUR 13,000 – 18,000, depending on the program, for the first and second years of Master’s studies, subject to the grantee’s academic success in the first year.
- Opportunity to participate in a Fulbright Finland Foundation pre-approved summer school in Finland, consisting of courses on Finnish language, culture, and society, free of charge (pending availability of suitable programs).
- Possibility to apply for additional funding from the Lois Roth Foundation (applied for after arrival in Finland).
- Access to the extensive alumni network and activities provided by the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs.
About the University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki is Finland’s leading research university, consistently ranking among the top 20 universities in Europe. It offers a diverse range of International Master’s Degree Programs taught in English, providing students with a multi-disciplinary and international study environment. The University’s state-of-the-art facilities, including libraries, laboratories, and computer environments, ensure a world-class learning experience.
The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award follows a dual application procedure, requiring applicants to complete both the Fulbright grant competition and the University of Helsinki’s admission process. Here are the application procedures:
- Review the comprehensive application information for Finland, provided by the Fulbright Finland Foundation in Helsinki.
- Apply for admission to the University of Helsinki, with the application period typically commencing in November.
- The final selection of grant recipients is made by the Fulbright Finland Foundation.
Detailed application information for Finland can be found on the official Fulbright Finland Foundation website. The final selection is carried out by the Fulbright Finland Foundation in Helsinki.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award Portal
For further information and to explore this exceptional opportunity, please visit the Official Website. Embark on your journey towards academic excellence with the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award.
Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award Latest Update
This portal frequently posts the latest information regarding the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award 2023. Stay informed by revisiting this page regularly for updates on the admission process.
Should any changes occur, we recommend bookmarking this page and checking for updates. We will promptly provide you with the most up-to-date information. If you have any inquiries about the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award 2023, kindly leave a comment below, and we will respond to your query.
Note: The McCall MacBain Scholarships for international students provide another exceptional opportunity to pursue higher education in Canada. To learn more about these scholarships, their application process, and the benefits they offer, read our article on the McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students to Study in Canada 2023-2024.
The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award stands as a remarkable opportunity for domestic, U.S., Finland, and international students to pursue their Master’s Degrees at the prestigious University of Helsinki. With its fully-funded benefits, including a monthly grant, travel award, and a tuition scholarship, this program provides an exceptional foundation for academic and personal growth. For detailed information and application guidelines, visit the official website of the Fulbright Finland Foundation. Don’t miss this chance to embark on an extraordinary educational journey in Finland. Apply today!