OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Programme: Applications are now open for the prestigious OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Programme 2024, designed to empower indigenous individuals by providing them with a deep understanding of the United Nations system. This unique opportunity aims to equip participants with the knowledge and tools needed to safeguard and advance the rights of indigenous communities. Through comprehensive training, participants will be better prepared to champion the causes of their organizations and communities on a global stage.
OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship 2024 Details
The core objective of the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Programme is to empower Indigenous Peoples by offering them insights into the functions of UN institutions and mechanisms. This comprehensive understanding encompasses both broader human rights issues and specific concerns related to Indigenous Peoples. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be equipped to more effectively champion the rights of their organizations and communities. The upcoming fellowship, scheduled for the summer of 2024, spans 4 weeks and will be conducted in five languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, and Portuguese.
The OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Programme 2024 brings a host of invaluable benefits, including:
- Return Flight Ticket from Geneva: Travel is made convenient and accessible with a return flight ticket from Geneva.
- Living Expenses: Participants’ living expenses are covered, ensuring a focused and immersive learning experience.
- Basic Health Insurance: Health and well-being are prioritized through the provision of basic health insurance.
To be eligible for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be of indigenous descent (non-indigenous individuals, even with close affiliations to indigenous groups, will not be considered).
- Age is not a barrier to participation in this enriching program.
- Socio-economic barriers that hinder access to formal education will not limit participation in the IFP.
- Candidates should commit to training fellow indigenous individuals upon their return to their respective communities or organizations.
- The candidate must have the endorsement of their indigenous organization or community. Preference is given to organizations with substantial memberships and representative structure.
- A proficient working knowledge of the language of instruction is essential.
The application process for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship 2024 is straightforward:
Interested applicants should complete the application form and submit it before the stated deadline. Ensure that all sections of the application form are accurately filled and signed.
Send the completed application form via regular post to:
Mr. Morse Caoagas Flores Coordinator, Indigenous Fellowship Programme Indigenous Peoples and Minorities Section Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights 48, Avenue Giuseppe-Motta, Office 2-05 CH-1211 Geneva 10 Switzerland
Applicants are reminded that an official recommendation letter from their nominating indigenous organization or community must accompany the application form.
The OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Program 2024 application deadline is September 30, 2023. Don’t miss this chance to embark on a transformative journey toward empowering indigenous communities.
For More Information
For further details and comprehensive information, please visit the Official Website. Empower yourself and your community through the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship Programme 2024.
Don’t miss this chance to gain essential knowledge, unlock opportunities, and become a stronger advocate for indigenous rights on the global stage. Apply now and step onto the transformative path of empowerment.