Monash University offers an exceptional opportunity for international students to apply for the fully funded Monash University Scholarship 2023–2024. This prestigious scholarship is specifically designed for individuals pursuing research-related master’s and doctorate degrees. With its attractive financial package, including a generous yearly living allowance of $35,600, a relocation fee of $550, and an annual research allowance of $1,500, this scholarship presents an unparalleled opportunity for students to excel in their academic pursuits at Monash University.
Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship
As a testament to its commitment to supporting students, Monash University also provides the Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship (MSJS). This scholarship assists students with their living expenses while studying at Monash. It is awarded annually, rotating among several faculties. The MSJS is a highly esteemed award aimed at aiding Ph.D. students with their living costs during their academic journey at Monash.
Scholarships for Academic Achievement
At Monash University, scholarships are awarded to students from diverse backgrounds and circumstances, recognizing their achievements and supporting them in reaching their goals. Whether you are an international student or a domestic student, Monash provides numerous scholarship opportunities to help you pursue your academic ambitions.
Research Training Program
The Australian government, through the Research Training Program (RTP), offers scholarships to both domestic and international students pursuing research masters and doctoral degrees. These highly competitive scholarships are awarded based on academic records, published research, and previous research experience. Monash University participates in this program, providing exceptional opportunities for students to further their research ambitions.
Monash University: A World-Class Institution
Located in Melbourne, Australia, Monash University is a prestigious public research institution. Established in 1958, it is the second-oldest university in the State of Victoria and proudly bears the name of Sir John Monash, a notable World War I general. With multiple campuses, including one in Malaysia and four in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), Monash University offers a diverse and vibrant learning environment. Additionally, Monash maintains research and teaching facilities in Prato, Italy, Mumbai, India, and a graduate research school.
Monash University Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to find all the available programs.
- Program Period: Scholarship is available for the normal period of study.
Monash University Scholarship Benefits
Monash University Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Silver Jubilee Scholarship:
- Annual living allowance: $36,200.
- Relocation allowance: $550.
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500.
Research Training Program:
- Annual living allowance: $30,000.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
- Annual living allowance: $30,000.
- Relocation allowance: $1,500.
In order to be eligible for the Monash University Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- English is the required language.
- English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business, and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 in TOEFL.
- All world countries are eligible.
- International students, New Zealand citizens, Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, and Australian humanitarian visa holders are eligible.
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, including a research component leading to an honors 1 or 2A.
- Applicants must hold a course rated as equivalent to an Honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- Applicants with a master’s degree must have a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work, including a thesis.
- Qualifications deemed equivalent by the GRC are accepted.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic record, research output, and prior research experience.
- Applicants must not have previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
Monash University Scholarship Required Documents
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificates, or testaments from the awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
How to Apply for Monash University Scholarship 2023?
To successfully apply for the Monash University Scholarship 2023, please follow these application instructions:
- Obtain an invitation to apply by completing an expression of interest or finding a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research (depending on the faculty/institute requirements).
- Register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship by clicking “Apply Now”.
- Complete all sections of the online application. Detailed instructions can be found here.
- Indicate your wish to be considered for a scholarship on the application form. There is no need to fill out a separate application.
- As all graduate research scholarships are automatically considered, you do not need to specify the scholarship you are applying for.
The application deadlines for the Monash Silver Jubilee Scholarship are as follows:
- October 31 (annual)
The application deadlines for the Research Training Program and Monash Graduate Scholarship are as follows:
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 1): opens 1 September, closes 31 March
- DOMESTIC (Round 2): opens 1 November, closes 31 May
- INTERNATIONAL (Round 3): opens 1 April, closes 31 August
- DOMESTIC (Round 4): opens 1 June, closes 31 October
Monash University Scholarship Website Portal
For more information about the Monash University Scholarship, please visit the Monash University Scholarship Portal or the Official Website.
Monash University Scholarship Latest Update
Stay updated on the latest information regarding the Monash University Scholarship 2023 by frequently visiting this portal. We recommend saving or bookmarking this page to check for updates. If you have any inquiries about the Monash University Scholarship 2023, kindly leave a comment below, and we will respond promptly.