Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program: The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is currently accepting applications for the 2024/2025 phase of its prestigious program. This presents a remarkable opportunity for students within the West African sub-region to seize the chance and secure full sponsorship for their studies at the renowned University of Oxford. The application process is open to graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds.
Empowering West African Minds: AIG Scholarship Details
The AIG Scholarships target exceptional graduates aged between 25 and 45, individuals showcasing not only strong intellectual capabilities and outstanding academic achievements but also a profound sense of leadership and an ardent desire to contribute to the growth and progress of Africa’s public sector.
- Scholarship Sponsorship: Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG)
- Study Location: University of Oxford
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Funded Scholarship
- Scholarship Coverage: The scholarship provides comprehensive coverage, encompassing full tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and living costs.
- Number of Awards: Multiple scholarships will be granted.
- Academic Level: Master’s degree level
- Nationality: Limited to West African States (e.g. Nigeria and Ghana)
AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 | An Overview
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is unwavering in its commitment to catalyze transformative change within the Public Sector. Over a five-year period starting from 2017, AIG will finance five grants each year for exceptional West African students hailing from various backgrounds. These individuals, who harbor a profound interest in contributing to the public sector, will have the privilege to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the distinguished Blavatnik School of Government, situated within the esteemed University of Oxford. Notably, upon successful graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to leverage their acquired knowledge to initiate positive changes within their respective nations’ public sectors.
AIG Scholarship Program Criteria | Who Can Apply
Eligibility is at the core of the AIG Scholarship program. In order to be considered for this prestigious award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Nigerian currently employed within the public sector, encompassing Ministries, Departments, Agencies, and Parastatals, operating at either the Federal or State levels.
- Fall within the age bracket of 25 to 45 years.
- Possess a minimum of seven (7) years of combined work experience, spanning both the private and public sectors.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a second-class upper qualification.
Crucial Points to Note:
- The selection process places significant emphasis on academic excellence and leadership potential.
- Candidates with second-class upper qualifications are encouraged to enhance their profile with a Master’s degree, second degree, or relevant professional qualification.
- Communication regarding application status is strictly limited to shortlisted applicants moving forward in the selection process.
- Submission of applications through physical mail or in-person delivery is strictly not permissible.
- Those who reach the finalist stage within the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to directly apply to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. The final selection of AIG Scholars will be undertaken by the School, considering these finalists.
How to Apply: The application process for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 is exclusively online. Eligible candidates with a keen interest can initiate their application journey by clicking here.
Application Timeline and Deadline
The application deadline for the Fully Funded AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 is September 15th, 2023. Ensure your application is submitted before this date to secure your chance at this prestigious opportunity.
For more information, and to gain insights into the official scholarship link, kindly visit the Official Scholarship Link. Embark on this transformative journey with the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships and contribute significantly to the progress of Africa’s public sector.