UNFPA Global Internship Programme: UNFPA, the lead UN agency, envisions a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. With its strategic plan (2022-2025), UNFPA reaffirms its commitment to the current strategic direction while focusing on three transformative results: ending preventable maternal deaths, eliminating unmet need for family planning, and eradicating gender-based violence and harmful practices.
Join UNFPA’s Internship Programme
Are you passionate about transforming lives, inspiring change, and making a lasting impact? UNFPA is seeking candidates who are dedicated to delivering high-impact and sustainable results. We value transparency, exceptional resource management skills, and a commitment to excellence in program outcomes. If you meet the eligibility requirements, consider applying to UNFPA’s Global Internship Programme and be a part of the change.
To apply for the UNFPA internship programme, you must meet one of the following requirements at the time of application:
- Enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme or higher).
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as a bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
- Recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and must start the internship within one year of graduation.
- Enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
Values are at the core of UNFPA’s mission and culture. As an intern, you are expected to exemplify the following values:
- Integrity: Upholding honesty, ethics, and a strong sense of moral principles.
- Commitment to UNFPA and the UN System: Demonstrating a deep commitment to the organization’s goals and the broader United Nations system.
- Embracing Cultural Diversity: Appreciating and respecting the diversity of cultures and backgrounds represented within UNFPA.
- Embracing Change: Adaptability and openness to change are crucial for creating a better future.
As an intern at UNFPA, you will be encouraged to develop and exhibit the following core competencies:
- Achieving Results: Focusing on producing impactful outcomes and contributing to the organization’s overall mission.
- Being Accountable: Taking ownership of responsibilities and being answerable for actions and decisions.
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen: Continuously improving and applying knowledge and skills relevant to your field.
- Thinking Analytically and Strategically: Approaching challenges with critical thinking and long-term planning in mind.
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and Our Relationships: Collaborating effectively with colleagues and stakeholders and managing self-development.
Compensation and Benefits
Interns who are not financially supported by an external party (such as an academic institution, university, or government) are eligible to receive a stipend to cover living expenses. The stipend amount is determined based on the intern’s agreed place of work, which may differ from the duty station of the hiring office in the case of remote arrangements. Normally, the stipend is paid in the local currency at the end of each month.
UNFPA Global Internship Programme Application Deadline
The deadline for submitting your application is 31st December 2023, 11:59 PM.
For More Information
For further details and to apply for the UNFPA Global Internship Programme 2024, please visit the official webpage on UNFPA’s Website. Be a part of the journey to make a positive impact on lives worldwide