Nursing Jobs in Australia are in high demand, making it an attractive career option for foreign workers in 2023. Even if you have completed your secondary education, you can apply for a Study Visa and pursue a 6-month nursing course in Australia. The nursing profession offers abundant job opportunities, especially for male nurses in Western Australia. The post-COVID era has further increased the demand for nurses. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how foreigners can secure nursing jobs in Australia.
Details About Nursing Jobs in Australia 2023
Job Country: Australia
Who can Apply: International Students
Who Can Apply for Nursing Jobs in Australia?
Nursing is an ever-growing profession in Australia, with rising demand for skilled nurses. If you are 18 years old and have completed your secondary education, you are eligible to apply for a nursing job in Australia. You can choose from various visa options, including a Skilled Visa, Study Visa, or any other skilled worker visa.
Getting Admission into Nursing Programs
To pursue a nursing career in Australia, you need to enroll in a 9-month or 1-year diploma nursing program. The best approach is to apply for a study visa, which allows you to study and work in Australia simultaneously.
Categories of Nursing in Australia
In Australia, nursing is divided into four categories:
- Certificate Three (Assistant in Nurse) Care for Adults: This course focuses on caring for adults and involves tasks such as assisting with daily activities, bathing, and feeding. The duration of this course is 6 to 9 months.
- Certificate Four (Medication Nurse): With this certificate, you become eligible to work in nursing homes and administer medication to patients. The course typically takes 6 to 9 months to complete.
- Enrolled Nurse: This course spans over 1.5 years and provides comprehensive training to become a qualified nurse.
- Registered Nurse: The registered nurse program is a full 3-year degree program that equips you with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the nursing field.
Advantages of Certificate Three and Certificate Four
Choosing to pursue Certificate Three or Certificate Four courses in nursing offers several advantages:
- No need for a degree.
- Reduced tuition fees.
- Six-month duration.
- High job prospects.
- Flexible working hours (morning, evening, or night shifts).
- High demand due to the aging population.
- Abundance of job openings and opportunities.
- Possibility of obtaining permanent residency.
Nursing Salary Package (After Cert Three and Four)
Despite not having a degree, nurses with Certificate Three or Four qualifications can earn a good monthly salary of 5,000 AUD. The hourly rates are around 35 AUD on weekdays and 50 AUD on weekends. Many nurses prefer working only on weekends due to the higher pay per hour.
How to Enroll in a Nursing Course in Australia
To pursue a nursing course in Australia, follow these steps:
- Research and identify Australian universities offering nursing courses or certificate programs.
- Apply online for the desired course.
- Complete the admission process and pay the fees.
- Apply for a study visa after receiving the acceptance letter.
- Once you obtain the visa, you can travel to Australia and commence your nursing course. You can expect to secure a job within six months of completing your studies.
Bringing Your Family as Dependents
If you are studying in Australia on a study visa, you have the option to bring your family along. This enables your partner to enroll in a certificate course while accompanying you on a dependent visa.
High Demand for Nurses in Nursing Homes
Australia is currently experiencing a shortage of nurses, as reported by the Australian Immigration Department. They estimate a requirement of 85,000 nurses by 2025 and 123,000 nurses by 2030. This high demand creates numerous job opportunities in nursing homes and hospitals across the country.
Duration of Nursing Courses in Australia
The duration of nursing courses in Australia varies depending on the level of qualification:
- Diploma Courses: 12 months
- Graduate Certificate: 12 months
- Bachelor Degree: 24 months
- Masters Degree: 12-18 months
Affordable Nursing Courses Universities in Australia
Several universities in Australia offer nursing courses at affordable rates. Some of the notable institutions include:
- Central Queensland University
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- Flinders University
- Western Sydney University
- Avondale College of Higher Education
- James Cook University
- Monash University
- University of Notre Dame
- Edith Cowan University
List of Nursing Jobs in Australia 2023 for Foreigners
After completing a nursing course in Australia, you can explore a wide range of job opportunities in nearby nursing homes and hospitals. Online platforms like Seek (https://www.seek.com.au/), Workforce Australia (https://www.workforceaustralia.gov.au/), and the Australian College of Nursing (https://careers.acn.edu.au/) are excellent resources for finding nursing jobs.
Nursing Jobs in Australia Latest Update
The latest information regarding Nursing Jobs in Australia 2023 is frequently posted on this portal. Stay informed by revisiting this page regularly for updates on the admission process.
Should any changes occur, we recommend bookmarking this page and checking for updates. We will promptly provide you with the most up-to-date information. If you have any inquiries about the Nursing Jobs in Australia 2023, kindly leave a comment below, and we will respond to your query.
Moving to Australia and securing a nursing job is an achievable goal for foreigners. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can embark on a successful nursing career in Australia. With high demand, competitive salaries, and the opportunity for permanent residency, nursing in Australia offers a promising future for aspiring healthcare professionals.