University of Manitoba Work-Study Program: Are you a student seeking valuable work experience while pursuing your education? Look no further! The University of Manitoba presents an incredible opportunity through its Work-Study Program in Canada. Designed to support students with financial needs, this program offers part-time, on-campus employment, helping you gain work experience and skills directly related to your field, all within the university’s vibrant campus environment.
Discover the Work-Study Program
The Work-Study Program is a unique initiative coordinated by the Financial Aid, Awards, and Career Services at the University of Manitoba. This program reflects the university’s strong commitment to equity and diversity within its community. It enthusiastically encourages applications from women, individuals from racialized communities, Indigenous persons, those with disabilities, and individuals of all sexual orientations and genders. The program firmly believes in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where various perspectives contribute to the enrichment of ideas.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
- Host Institution(s): University of Manitoba, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- Nationality: International Students
University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada | DETAILS
Let’s delve deeper into the facets of this remarkable program:
1. Program Overview
The University of Manitoba’s Work-Study program offers students the chance to engage in part-time, on-campus employment, allowing them to bolster their financial situations while nurturing their academic pursuits. This unique synergy between work and study provides students with hands-on experience and skills pertinent to their chosen fields, all within the confines of the campus.
2. Scholarship Sponsorship and Host Institution
This program is proudly sponsored by the University of Manitoba itself, a testament to the institution’s commitment to fostering educational equity and diversity. As the host institution, the University of Manitoba provides the ideal environment for students to thrive both academically and financially.
3. Scholarship Worth and Number of Awards
The Work-Study program comes with the coveted “Funded” label, ensuring that your efforts are recognized and supported. Moreover, the program doesn’t limit its benefits to just a few lucky individuals; it extends its reach through multiple awards, opening doors for several deserving candidates.
4. Study Level and Nationality
Whether you’re an aspiring undergraduate or a dedicated postgraduate, the University of Manitoba’s Work-Study program welcomes you with open arms. International students, representing a multitude of nationalities, have the chance to capitalize on this enriching opportunity.
Eligibility: Who Can Apply?
To qualify for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada, aspiring candidates need to meet the following conditions:
- Possess evidence of a government student aid package for the 2023-2024 academic year, amounting to at least $2,000. Alternatively, provide proof of 2023-2024 Indigenous band sponsorship, Metis Nation post-secondary funding, or disability funding. Applicants experiencing delays in receiving their funding can contact the Work-Study team for personalized solutions. (Please note that past government aid, personal bank loans, and educational saving plans are not considered.)
- Be officially registered as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Manitoba during both the Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 terms. Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum 60% course load (equivalent to 9 credit hours per term). Graduate students are advised to reach out for individual assessments of their eligibility.
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance with a minimum institutional grade point average of 2.0 from the previous academic session. This criterion, however, does not apply to new UM students.
- Reside within the province of Manitoba for the duration of the Work-Study employment term.
Embarking on the journey to become a part of the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program is both exciting and rewarding. Here’s how you can apply:
- Complete the Intake Process: Begin by completing the Work-Study intake process. This will set the stage for your application journey.
- Attend Orientation: Attend a group orientation session. This session will provide you with essential insights into the program and its offerings.
- Apply for Positions: Once oriented, you can explore and apply for various Work-Study positions that align with your interests and goals.
Remember, all students are required to reapply for the Work-Study program each year to comply with financial aid regulations.
- Register or log in to UMConnect,
- On the left-hand navigation pane, locate the Work-Study section, then proceed to the Work-Study Program Application.
- Complete and submit the form to gain pre-approved access to the Work-Study program.
- After submitting the form, take action by clicking the “Accept” button on the right-hand side under “Action required by you.” This step enables you to view and apply to available job postings.
- Attach relevant documents that validate your eligibility for the program. These documents could include your 2023-2024 financial aid assistance, Indigenous band sponsorship details, or disability funding information.
The application window for the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program in Canada closes on September 12, 2023. Make sure to submit your application by this date to secure your chance to benefit from this remarkable opportunity.
For detailed information and further insights into the University of Manitoba Work-Study Program, visit the Official Website and embark on your journey toward academic and professional excellence. Don’t miss your chance to gain invaluable work experience while pursuing your education!