The Alexander Rutherford Scholarship, named in honor of Alberta’s first Premier and Minister of Education, Alexander Rutherford, aims to celebrate and reward the academic excellence of senior high school students, inspiring them to pursue further education at the post-secondary level. Rutherford was a prominent figure who strongly advocated for public education, particularly the University of Alberta, and actively engaged in community affairs.
About Alexander Rutherford
Alexander Rutherford holds the distinction of being Alberta’s first Premier and Minister of Education. He was a staunch advocate for public education and played a vital role in the establishment of the University of Alberta. His vision and dedication laid the foundation for a premier educational institution in Canada.
The University of Alberta
The University of Alberta, founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford and Henry Marshall Tory, is a renowned public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. With its rich history and commitment to academic excellence, the university has become a symbol of educational advancement. The University of Alberta is governed by the Post-secondary Learning Act, which enables it to provide exceptional learning opportunities to its students.
University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- Type: Undergraduate
- Organization: University of Alberta
- Country to study: Canada
- School to study: University of Alberta
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
Aim and Benefits of the University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
The University of Alberta’s Alexander Rutherford Scholarship offers recipients the opportunity to receive up to $2,500 in financial support to further their educational journey.
Requirements for the University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Protected Person Status: Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or protected individuals under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Visa students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Alberta Residency: To qualify as an Alberta resident, the following conditions must be met:
- One parent or legal guardian should have maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months before the applicant commences their program of study.
- The applicant must have maintained permanent residence in Alberta for at least 12 months before starting the program of study.
- The applicant or their parent(s)/legal guardian must have been a resident in Alberta throughout the entire grade for which they are seeking the scholarship.
- High School Completion Date: Candidates must have completed high school on or after September 30, 1980.
- Enrollment in a Designated Post-Secondary or Apprenticeship Program: Successful applicants should be enrolled in a full course load in a designated post-secondary or apprenticeship program lasting at least one semester.
- Single Award Policy: The Alexander Rutherford scholarship can only be awarded once to a recipient.
To apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- Obtain Official High School Transcript Marks: Students should ensure they have their official high school transcript marks ready for the application process.
- Apply for an Undergraduate Program: Visit the University of Alberta’s official website and apply for an undergraduate program of your choice. Please take note of the specific requirements for high school transcript marks, as they may vary.
- Submit Application: Once you have gathered all the necessary documents and completed the application form, submit your application through Alberta Student Aid. Visit the Alberta Student Aid website for more information and to access the application portal.
- Check Application Status: After submitting your application, you can monitor the progress and status of your application by logging into your Alberta Student Aid portal.
The application deadline for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship is not specified. However, students who have obtained their official high school transcript marks are eligible to apply for an undergraduate program at the University of Alberta.
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Portal
For more detailed information about the University of Alberta Alexander Rutherford Scholarship, its application process, and other relevant details, please visit the official website of the University of Alberta.
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Latest Update
This portal frequently posts the latest information regarding the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship. Stay informed by revisiting this page regularly for updates on the admission process.
Should any changes occur, we recommend bookmarking this page and checking for updates. We will promptly provide you with the most up-to-date information. If you have any inquiries about the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship 2023/2024, kindly leave a comment below, and we will respond to your query.
The Alexander Rutherford Scholarship represents a significant opportunity for academically accomplished high school students in Alberta to pursue their dreams of higher education. By providing financial support and recognition, the scholarship encourages these students to embrace their academic potential and contribute positively to their communities and society at large. The University of Alberta’s Alexander Rutherford Scholarship stands as a beacon of hope and achievement for those eligible and aspiring to make a difference through education.